Patch 4.0 has just hit Archeage over in Korea, and with that, patch notes have arrived. In this article, I’ll be translating the changes that XL made in the latest patch. This will be quite the bland article. Everybody prepare to panic at these changes.
- 1 Cross Server Arenas
- 2 Naval Arena
- 3 Arena Changes
- 4 Title System
- 5 Raids
- 6 Skills
- 7 Region and NPC Changes
- 8 Mistemorrow Battle Changes
- 9 Dungeon Changes
- 10 Residential Area Changes
- 11 Farming and Livestock Changes
- 12 Trade Changes
- 13 Guild Changes
- 14 Gear Changes
- 15 Gear Score Changes
- 16 Item Folio
- 17 Crafting Changes
- 18 Summon Changes
- 19 Housing Changes
- 20 Gilda Star Product Pricing Changes
- 21 Other Changes
Cross Server Arenas
XL has added Cross-Server Arenas in this patch.
– Arenas with Cross-Server Integration: Naval Arena, Balanced Arenas (Both 1v1 and 3v3)
– The integrated battlefield can be checked in the battlefield entry window.
– In the integrated battlefield, it is not possible to check all items and bags, and some chat channels are restricted.
– In the integrated battlefield, the “battlefield interpreter” effect is applied, which allows you to temporarily use the official language of other continents.
The Naval Arena was added. There will be an entire article on this when I finish it up, so keep your eyes open for that!
I’ll be sure to update this with the link to the article once it’s done.
|Arena Result||Balanced 1v1s||Balanced 3v3s||Naval Arena||Gladiator (Unb. 1v1)||Free-For-All|
|By Rank||–||–||25 /15/8/4||–||15 /14/13/12/3|
|All Day||Unbalanced 1v1 Arena|
|Balanced 1v1 Arena|
|Free-for-All||3v3 Balanced Arena||Free-for-All|
|12:00 to 23:59||Naval Arena|
Added three skills only available in Balanced Arenas for use.
– Crowd Control Remover: Removes all crowd control debuffs from you. Cooldown: 5 miuntes.
– Full Heal: Instantly heals you back to full health. Available once per match.
– Full Mana: Instantly restores your mana pool back to full. Available once per match.
- The player selects what kind of armor set they will use during the match:
Cloth | Leather | Plate.
- The player selects what kind weapon combination they will use:
One-Handed Weapon and Shield | Dual Weapons | Two-Handed Weapon
- The player selects what kind of stats and attributes they would like:
Strength Attributes for Melees | Agility Attributes for Archers | Magic Attack and Intelligence Attributes for Mages| Healing Power and Spirit Attributes for Healers
- Icon – Select the icon which you want to display next to your name.
- Title/Effect in Use – Displays the title and effect that you are currently using.
- Title Experience Bar – Every time you obtain a new title, you will gain a certain amount of Title Experience. Upon leveling up your Title Level, you will unlock new icons, which you can then display next to your name.
- Title List – The UI in which you select your title and applied effect.
- Title Display Options – Gives you the ability to display your titles in various ways, such as titles that you have not unlocked yet.
- Title Acquisition Method – Displays how you can unlock the selected title.
- Obtain Selected Title – Begins the process to obtaining the selected title.
- Apply/Cancel Buttons – Allows you to apply or cancel the changes that you made to your title and/or applied effects.
– The effects of these new titles are as follows.
|Title||Strength, Agility, etc.||All Critical and Maximization Rates||Resilience|
Allied raid feature added. You can now merge two raids by sending a merger invite to the other raid leader. Combined raids can share the same quests and loot, and the existing raid leaders are each assigned one of the roles: Combined Raid Leader and Second Raid Leader. The Combined Raid Leader has the ability to invite players, change raid settings, mark the map, and change how loot is distributed. The Second Raid Leader is simply a representative of the second raid.
Combined raids can only interfere with your raid members, and you can not forcibly unsubscribe or invite other raid members.
If you combine two raids and there are less than people 50 people in the new raid, the new raid does not consist of two raids, but instead is just merged into one.
Added a learning phase to Successor Skills.
– Successor Skills that players have not learned yet can not be learned even if they meet the requirements.
– You can purchase the item Ipnysh’s Legacy, an item that allows to learn the 60 existing successor skills, in the Kyrios’ Medals Store.
– Players who have already learned all of the Successor Skills will retain the status of the skills being learnt.
Added the item count information for the current successor level in the description of the successor skill level release button.
Region and NPC Changes
Some of the topography of the entrance leading from Hellswamp to Halcyona has been modified.
Added a ladder to the Solis Trading Post for an easier climb from the sea.
Some of the spawn times for bosses have been adjusted.
– Kraken: Appears at 21:35 on Thursdays and Saturday and disappears after 3 hours.
– Red Dragon: Appears at 21:40 on Thursdays and Saturday and disappears after 3 hours.
– Leviathan: Appears at 21:30 on Thursdays and Saturday and disappears after 3 hours.
The duration of the uptime of Thunderwing Titan after spawn has been decreased from 2 hours to 1 hour.
– The special gliders used for the fight against the Thunderwing Titan can now only be obtained 100 times every time Thunderwing Titan is spawned.
– The special gliders used for the fight against the Thunderwing Titan now take 50 Glowing Prisms to make instead of 10.
The amount of glowing prisms used to make potions for the Thunderwing Titan fight has been increased from 10 to 20 glowing prisms.
The time between each Thunderwing Titan spawn has been increased from 48 hours to 72 hours.
The border between Two Crowns and Halcyona was widened.
The buoy line for the Arcadian Sea was slightly changed.
The public farms in White Arden and Solis Headlands were changed to residential areas.
Mistemorrow Battle Changes
The scoring system for the Mistemorrow Battle was changed.
Current Version: After the destruction of the towers, the nation who claimed the towers receives points.
Changed Version: The nation who destroys the towers receives points.
Decreased the drop rate of Arcadian Seafoam from Dahuta in the Sea of Drowned Love dungeon.
Upgraded the states of items from the following dungeons:
– Burnt Castle, Hadir’s Farm, Greater Howling Abyss, Serpentis, Prince Reiseg’s Dungeon
Abyssal Shards and Abyssal Crystals have been added to rewards from some dungeon quests, instead of being just from drops.
The weapons and armor from Serpentis and Prince Reiseg’s Dungeon have had their grades increased on drop.
– Serpentis: Arcane – Unique
– Prince Reiseg’s Dungeon: Arcane – Celestial
The low-level dungeons Sharpwind Mines and Palace Cellar have been removed from the game.
Residential Area Changes
Adjusted the recall point at the Community Centers in the following areas.
- Vilanelle, Rokhala Mountains, Sunbite Wilds
Public farms have been added near the Community Center in all areas.
– Existing Public Farms in Solis Headlands and White Arden have been changed to residential areas.
Farming and Livestock Changes
– Added Fragrant and Hardwood drops from Gathering for purchase in the Vocation Store.
– Increased the chance of acquiring Royal Seeds.
The probability of getting Bait Worms as loot from harvesting Worm Compost has been increased.
Changed the amount of gold used when purchasing trading goods in a Trading Post in order to further accumulate the region’s cumulative commission.
Changed the purchasing price of trading goods, which is now affected by the amount in stock, and the amount of packs that one buys.
We have added a description so that we can distinguish “for inland trade” even in the state of trading goods that have been put down.
The amount of labor required for making trade packs has been changed.
– General Specialty Products: Changed from 50 to 80 labor.
– Residents’ Packs: Changed from 60 to 80 labor.
– Fertilizer Packs: Changed from 60 to 80 labor.
– Larder Packs: Changed from 65 to 80 labor.
Changed the placement radius of multipurpose aging larders so that more can be placed.
– Original: 2.25 meters (Example radius: Moringa tree)
– Change: 1.7 meters (Example radius: seed bundle)
Items needed when leveling up guilds have been changed as follows.
– Level 2: 50 Blue Salt Hammers
– Level 3: 100 Blue Salt Hammers
– Level 4: 600 Blue Salt Hammers
– Level 5: 1000 Blue Salt Hammers
– Level 6: 1200 Blue Salt Hammers
– Level 7: 2000 Blue Salt Hammers
– Level 8: 5000 Blue Salt Hammers
Added Brilliant Gear Temper.
– Applies from 115% to 118% temper on weapons or armor.
– Can be purchased in the Honor Store for 50,000 Honor
Adjusted the price of Draught of Forgiveness and implemented a cooldown on use.
– New Honor Cost: 5,000
– Cooldown on use: 3 hours
Changed the way in which players acquire Abyssal Shards and Abyssal Crystals.
– You can acquire these items regardless of loot acquisition rules.
– You can acquire them from loot or quests from Great dungeons or above.
– Abyssal Shards can be obtained from normal or boss mobs in dungeons.
– Abyssal Crystals will always drop from a dungeon’s final boss.
Brinebram Stones, Mistmight Stones, and Sunstrength Stones have been discontinued and their uses removed from the game. As a result, you can now convert them into either Abyssal Shards or Abyssal Crystals.
– Brinebram Stone -> 1 Abyssal Crystal
– Mistmight Stone -> 4 Abyssal Shards
– Sunstrength Stone -> 8 Abyssal Shards
Adventurer’s Growthstones have been removed from Dungeon and Quest Rewards, with the rewards being changed to Honor Points.
Shining Lightning Essence have been removed from the Honor Points store, so they can no longer be acquired.
– They can be converted into a Honorforged Megals by right clicking them.
Warrior’s Medals and Merit Badges have been discontinued and you can no longer acquire them.
– Warrior’s Medals can be made into 100 Honor per medal.
– Merit Badges can be changed to two Gilda Stars per badge.
– Honorable Victory: Added ranks 11 ~ 14 for the potion. You earn a different amount of Honor Points upon usage.
– The items that were bought with Merit Badges were moved and split up between the Prestige, Vocation, and Gilda Star Shops.
– The items that were bought with Warrior’s Medals were moved and split up between the Kyrios’ Medal and Honor Shops.
A list of the items sold in the Kyrios’ Medal shop is shown below.
The number of Fusion Alembics needed for imaging items has been decreased.
The amount of Magic Defense given by the Tier 4, 5, and 6 V2 Obsidian Shields Mystic Ward, Wyrding Wall, and Voidspell has been changed.
– Instead of the Magic Defense being fully from the passives on these shields, these shields will now have Magic Defense as part of the shield’s basic stats, with the amount of Magic Defense being equal to that of Defense on their Physical Defense shield counterparts. The remaining Magic Defense is still given by the same type of passive.
Changed the effects of Roast Ribs, which will be the standard Food buff now.
– You can choose one of the following effects: 39 Increased Melee Attack, 39 Increased Ranged Attack, 39 Increased Magic Attack, or 39 Increased Healing Power.
– When choosing one of the above effects, you will gain the following buffs: increased health by 1700, increased PvE skill damage by 3.3%, and increased PvE damage by 2.8%.
The effects of the Honor potion, Dawn of Glory, have changed.
– You can choose one of the following effects: 64 Melee Attack Increase, 64 Ranged Attack Increase, 64 Magic Attack Increase, 64 Healing Power Increase, or 720 Focus Increase.
– You can enhance the received buff with a Fortuna Die or Divine Die.
– Dawn of Glory can now be traded.
Changed the effect of Fortuna Die and Divine Die.
– Upon using one on your Dawn of Glory buff, the buff duration is renewed, and your buff is strengthened, making the Melee Attack Increase, etc. 70 instead of 64.
The following buffs and potions have been discontinued:
– Cooking: Roasted Meat, Drinks, Feast Tables
– Printing: Spellbook: Unstoppable Will
– Alchemy: Fortress of Honor, Snow’s Promise, Kingdom’s Shadow
– Masonry: Runes, Die
– All outdated buffs and potions can be converted at a special Workbench in Mirage Isle into materials used to make them.
Obsidian equipment at tiers 4 and 5 can now be resealed, just like crafted equipment, with the help of a Transmuter. It is not yet known if they become tradeable after you reseal them (If they were bound to your character before sealing them).
An item called The Scrapbook of the Sealed Order was added, which is required to summon the boss Vyrava, which appears to be acquired from Vyrava itself (Apparently XL is run by a mentally retarded version of Xzibit)
Changed the way one makes Acid Vessels and Completed Cursed Armor.
– The amount of Acid Gobbets/Cursed Armor Scraps needed for one Acid Vessel/Completed Cursed Armor was changed from 200 to 50.
– The amount of Acid Vessels and Completed Cursed Armors needed to make one Ipnysh Blessing for the crafting of an Erenor item was changed from 1 of each to 4 of each per scroll.
War Drums, which give a buff when played or dance to, have been improved.
– Reduced material cost
– New buff: Melee Attack, Ranged Attack, Magic Attack, Healing Power increased by 5%, 5% received damage reduction
– Buff lasts for 30 minutes.
A full 7-piece set of Erenor armor now gives 5% bonus movement speed, regardless of the Lunarfrosts.
The effects given by the Erenor Lunafrosts were improved. They are listed below.
– Earth Socket Effect: Armor 80 → 160
– Earth 7-Piece Effect: Decreases Damage Recieved 4.1% → 5.6%
– Flame 7-Piece Effect: Melee Critical Damage Increase 18.6% → 25.3%
– Gale 7-Piece Effect: Movement Speed Increase 4.1% → 7.0%
– Wave 7-Piece Effect: Skill Damage Increase 4.1% → 5.0%
– Life 7-Piece Effect: Critical Heal Rate Increase 4.1% → 5.0%
3 Erenor Lunafrosts were added; their basic effects are shown below.
– Lightning: Attack Speed
– Typhoon: Defense Penetration
– Lake: Decreased Cast Time
– They have the same effects as the existing Erenor Lunafrost 3, 4, and 7-set effects.
Auroria weapons and armor can now be used in the synthesizing of Erenor gear. (I have updated the Erenor Master Spreadsheet with the experience values for the Auroria Weapons, but not for the Auroria Armor yet.)
Changed unidentified Auroria weapons and armor so that they now drop at a certain grade, and once identified, drop at that grade or higher.
Gear Score Changes
Changed the way in which the gear score of items is calculated.
– XL states that they have increased the gear score on some items in order to better reflect how good the item is.
– The gear score on the new Lunagems that were introduced in Patch 3.7 was increased.
The Item Folio has been redesigned in order to make it easier to use.
Added a step-by-step display function that allows you to conveniently look at the the steps in which a product is made.
Added the ability to only see products that one can currently make with a given proficiency.
Changed the labor required to make a Transmuter from 10 Labor to 200 Labor.
I have changed the name and manufacturing method of my fortune order.
– Changed name: Lucky Ipnysh Scroll
– Requires a Cryptic Lucky Scroll for crafting it instead of a Blank Regrade Scroll.
Changed the way in which Cryptic Lucky Scrolls are obtained.
– They can be bought from the Honor Store for 25,000 Honor Points.
Changed some of the materials used in making a Lucky Ipnysh Scroll
– Current: 64 Acid Gobbets, 64 Cursed Armor Scraps
– Changed: 1 Acid Vessel, 1 Completed Cursed Armor Shard
Changed the crafting recipe for Ipnysh Scroll (Crafting)
– Current: 1 Acid Vessel, 1 Complete Cursed Armor
– Changed: 4 Acid Vessel, 4 Complete Cursed Armor
Adjusted the amount of Beautifully Colored Fabric needed for making Plushie Packs.
– Apprentice’s Plushie Pack: 6 -> 3
– Artificer’s Plushie Pack: 8 -> 6
– Conqueror’s Plushie Pack: 100 -> 20
Changed the quantity of materials needed to produce the following for basic materials (The amount of material required for the production of one such basic material has been changed from 3 to 5):
– Fabric (Cloth)
– Logs (Lumber)
– Leather (Pelts)
– Ore Ingots (Gold, Silver, etc.)
– Stone Brick (Raw Stone)
– Anya Ingot (Anya Ore)
– Starshard Ingot (Starshard Chip)
– Yata and Bear Fur
Removed Warrior’s Medals from the recipes of Halcyona Necklaces. The crafting recipe now requires Honorforged Medals, which can be bought from the Honor Store for 2,000 Honor Points per. Instead of the old crafting process, there is now a straightforward process. that does not involve any RNG in the making of these Necklaces.
The new recipes of the Halcyona Necklace are listed below.
|Rank 1||2 Honorforged Medals |
5 Starlight Archeum Dust
|Rank 2||1 Rank 1 Halcyona Necklace |
4 Honorforged Medals
10 Starlight Archeum Dust
|Rank 3||1 Rank 2 Halcyona Necklace |
6 Honorforged Medals
5 Starlight Archeum Shards
|Rank 4||1 Rank 3 Halcyona Necklace |
8 Honorforged Medals
10 Starlight Archeum Shards
|Rank 5||1 Rank 4 Halcyona Necklace |
10 Honorforged Medals
20 Starlight Archeum Shards
|Rank 6||1 Rank 5 Halcyona Necklace |
12 Honorforged Medals
5 Starlight Archeum Crystals
|Rank 7||1 Rank 6 Halcyona Necklace |
16 Honorforged Medals
10 Starlight Archeum Crystals
|Rank 8||1 Rank 7 Halcyona Necklace |
20 Honorforged Medals
20 Starlight Archeum Crystals
|Rank 9||1 Rank 8 Halcyona Necklace |
25 Honorforged Medals
25 Starlight Archeum Crystals
|Rank 1o||1 Rank 9 Halcyona Necklace |
35 Honorforged Medals
5 Starlight Archeum Essences
|Rank 11||1 Rank 10 Halcyona Necklace |
45 Honorforged Medals
10 Starlight Archeum Essences
|Rank 12||1 Rank 11 Halcyona Necklace |
55 Honorforged Medals
20 Starlight Archeum Essences
|Rank 13||1 Rank 12 Halcyona Necklace |
70 Honorforged Medals
30 Starlight Archeum Essences
So, in total, you’ll need 308 Honorforged Medals, which means a total of 616,000 Honor Points, but keep in mind that you probably won’t be starting from scratch, and that you will only have to do this once, as when you craft the Necklace up to the next tier, it automatically goes to the next tier, without having to rely on any RNG or unsealing.
An anchor was added to the Merchant Schooner Ship.
Changed the cast time of Lowering the Anchor from 3.5 seconds to 15 seconds. It can now only be interrupted by critical strike hits.
If the anchor goes down, a message pops up above the heads of the players aboard the ship “Anchor Down: Not Moving”.
Damage from the collision of ships has been increased.
Improved the handling of the three small-sized war vessels.
– Eznan Cutter (Nuian Galleon) is now better at turning.
– Lutesong Junk (Haranyan Galleon) is now better at decelerating.
– Growling Yawl (Black Pearl Galleon) is better at both turning and decelerating.
Added the latest series of cars to the Exhibition item that is placed on your property.
Added a new, upgraded version of the Nuian Mansion that has three floors.
– It is a 44m x 44m, holds up to 300 decorative items, and costs 50 tax certificates per week (If you don’t own any other properties).
For the upgrading of the Stone Rose Mansion, Stone Slate Mansion, and the Stone Spring Mansion, you need the following.
|Material Name||Amount Needed|
|Building Management Title||6|
|Construction Brick Bundle||200|
|Wooden Beam Bundle||100|
|Construction Tool Bundle||40|
For the upgrading of the Spring Swept-Roof Mansion, you need the following.
|Material Name||Amount Needed|
|Construction Brick Bundle||195|
|Wooden Beam Bundle||120|
|Construction Tool Bundle||75|
Below are some images of the new mansion.
Gilda Star Product Pricing Changes
XL has changed up the prices of some of the items bought with Gilda Stars. Below in the table are the new prices.
Price in Gilda Stars
Rustic Rose Cottage
Tudor Slate Cottage
Stone Spring Cottage Design
Swept-Roof Cottage Design
Adventurer’s Clipper Design
Harpoon Clipper Design
Farm Wagon Design
Lapis Steamfish Submarine Design
Ruby Steamfish Submarine Design
Platinum Steamfish Submarine Design
Thatched Farmhouse Design
Lutesong Junk Design
Eznan Cutter Design
Siege Tank Design
Fish-Find Longliner Design
Merchant Schooner Design
Apex Squall Design
- Added the all existing Lunastones to the Item Encyclopedia.
The Pirate Nation and Player Nations have had their respawn points changed in Whalesong Harbor and Aegis Island.
Some of the items that were sold in the Honor Store were removed.
– The six Honor weapons were removed.
– The three Honor capes were removed.
– The Honor titles were moved to the Kyrios’ Medals Store.
– The Siege Tank designs were removed from the Honor Store, and can now only be bought with Gilda Stars.
You can get back items from discontinued Honor items.
– If you salvage one of the three Honor Cloaks by using an Evenstone, you will get 5 Honorable Victories, which gives 3,000 Honor each, and some Moonlight Archeum.
Added ‘Wide mode’ to the camera mode.
– ‘Wide Mode’ is a camera setting that allows you to see your character from a distance in a wide field of view.
Added a setting that turns off all Weather Effects.
Added two new emotes: Fanfare and Umbrella.
Added the number of days of Patron subscription remaining to be visible in game.
Added 4 Male Hairstyles and 2 Female Hairstyles, some of which can be seen below.
Added an Auto-Complete function to the auction house and the Item Folio.
Hope everyone enjoyed that! There is more to come, with the Naval Arena article being next, and after that, some articles on the XL Player Meeting.
One more thing: when I just started writing Omnom, some readers came up to me and asked if I had a PayPal to which they could donate. At the time, I answered that no, I did not, and that for the time being, I would not be taking any donations. Well, some time has passed, and I am happy to announce that now, I do have a personal link to a donation page. Here it is: https://www.paypal.me/markomnom. If you would like to donate, feel free to! At the same time, do not feel pressured to do so. My main support comes from everyone who is reading the articles, especially those that engage themselves in the discussion that follows. I really couldn’t do it without all of your support, so thank you!